Infographic: Rejected Ad Campaigns of the Coal Industry
Rejected Ad Campaigns of the Coal Industry
Don Draper himself would be hard pressed to put a positive spin on the United States’ single largest source of carbon emissions. In fact, for every savvy semantic sleight of hand like “clean coal” there are a hundred concepts in the trash can. Here are some that didn’t quite make it to market.
- Santa Claus: Pro-Coal Since 1776.*
*If you hate coal, it means you hate America.
- See Beautiful Appalachia: It’s not mountaintop removal. It’s 360-degree vista enhancement!
- It’s so dirty! Yes, coal is dirty. Just like you, naughty girl!
- Halloween discounters new costumes: Trapped Chilean miner. Free headlamp & powerbar with every purchase.
- ibreathe: Personal, portable coal scrubbing device. New thinner, lighter mouthguard design; Bluetooth integration; Supporting app shows avoided particulate matter. More cost effective than industry regulation!
- Visit Rustic Montana. Sure, soon it will be a scarred landscape akin to a Hellmouth, but it’ll make the state a motherlode of money! Asthmazing! Brought to you by an Unholy Alliance of Arch Coal/Governor Schweitzer/Nation of China
- Black lung is the new black.
What’s One Block Off the Grid?
One Block Off the Grid makes it easy and affordable for you to go solar. We choose a high quality installer in your area, negotiate a great price on a system, and make sure the project goes smoothly from start to finish. Since 2008, One Block Off the Grid has run hundreds of group deals on solar in over 40 U.S. states and helped thousands of homeowners go solar. We’ve been featured in dozens of publications and programs including The New York Times, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, Marketplace, Huffington Post, Wired, and GOOD Magazine. In 2010, One Block Off the Grid sponsored the first solar deal on Groupon.com and received a Heart of Green Award for “Best New Innovation.” Sign up for One Block Off the Grid (it’s free) to find out if there’s a group deal in your area. Not ready to go solar, but want to help take solar mainstream? Tell your friends about One Block Off the Grid.